• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Recurring Infections (boilers, verukas, mouth ulcers)

dbarua

Newbie
Messages
1
Location
Bedfordshire
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am plagued by boils, verukas and mouth ulcers. I have been to the doctors numerous time and they have prescribed antibiotics (for the boils) but none of them work. I spent a week in hospital 6 months ago with a boil the size of a football, which had to be lanced. The veruka treament and mouth ulcer treatment are useless also. I can't get any joy from the GP on getting these issues solved. Has anyone any advice on how to deal with these infections, or how to deal with the GP?

Thanks
Duncan
 
I am plagued by boils, verukas and mouth ulcers. I have been to the doctors numerous time and they have prescribed antibiotics (for the boils) but none of them work. I spent a week in hospital 6 months ago with a boil the size of a football, which had to be lanced. The veruka treament and mouth ulcer treatment are useless also. I can't get any joy from the GP on getting these issues solved. Has anyone any advice on how to deal with these infections, or how to deal with the GP?

Thanks
Duncan
Hi Duncan, I see you have type 2 diabetes. The question that needs to be asked and answered is what is your control like? High numbers will cause boils, Same with mouth ulcers I would have thought.
 
Yes, I had boils (yuck!) for about a year and a half before I was diagnosed type 2. No doctor ever connected them to my high blood glucose levels - they didn't even check my HbA1c or fasting blood glucose. Some really strong antibiotics that a dermatologist prescribed finally got rid of them. They have also not come back since I got my blood glucose to normal levels.
 
Back
Top