Sciatica/hip tendinitis

suk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People judging my condition not knowing enough about it.
Hi, has anyone suffered with the excruciating pain associated with sciatica?
I’ve been in severe pain for the last 2 weeks. Given painkillers and referred to a physiotherapist who advised 3 types of exercise using a resistance band. Not helping!
Anyone out there experienced this?

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A Chiropractor or an Osteopath would probably make a great deal of difference. Did with me.

I worked for 9 years as a physio, and can confidently state that exercises are no good while the situation is acute, but are helpful as a maintenance discipline. As a physio, I quietly used techniques that chiros and osteos used on me.

• Agree
Reactions: zand

suk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

lis@41

Hi, has anyone suffered with the excruciating pain associated with sciatica?
I’ve been in severe pain for the last 2 weeks. Given painkillers and referred to a physiotherapist who advised 3 types of exercise using a resistance band. Not helping!
Anyone out there experienced this?
Hi, I suffer with sciatica on and off for years. Tried everything to help but not much does.

suk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh dear, that’s worrying. It’s affecting my mobility and making me feel miserable

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A chiropractor helped me immensely. She gave me exercises too.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some years ago. Tried everything for many months. Physio, manipulation, acupuncture. And finally via our hospital. Pilates for people with bad backs. It was amazing. For the first time in 18 months something that actually worked. It was so efficient I bought the dvd to continue it at home. It’s Australian. APPI Pilates for lower back pain. (Australian Physiotherapist and Pilates Institute) I don’t know if you can still get it. Google and see.

suk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you I’ll have a look