Seeking confirmation of Libra2 data

Paul41

Hi all,

I’m just coming up to 4 weeks using a libra2 CGM and following a low carb diet . I’m enjoying the food and I hope that everything is going well ( early days I know )

Anyway the Libra2 time expires soon and I’ll revert to finger prick testing. But I would just like to fully understand the data that the CGM is giving me .

The estimated A1B data is comforting ( I realise it’s an estimate and that only a true test in the future will confirm this) but it’s comforting.

But the average glucose data appears high to me? Should I expect these to drop as time goes by?

Attachments

• IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 92

autum

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Paul,

I´ve been testing a CGM (freestyle libre though) briefly and share that experience. I´ve tried to read a little bit about it, and it is not exact values as it is measuring your blod sugar in another liquid then when you do a finger prick for example. Might not really be answering your question, but what I want to say is that I share your doubt regarding the average glucose data. Sounds like a good idea to give it a bit more time and see what happens. :)

Reactions: Paul41

Paul41

Hi Paul,

I´ve been testing a CGM (freestyle libre though) briefly and share that experience. I´ve tried to read a little bit about it, and it is not exact values as it is measuring your blod sugar in another liquid then when you do a finger prick for example. Might not really be answering your question, but what I want to say is that I share your doubt regarding the average glucose data. Sounds like a good idea to give it a bit more time and see what happens. :)

Thanks for the reply Autum,

I “ think “ I’m glad I’ve used the CGM and it’s been eye opening. One week ( this is my guess) my body was adjusting to not being swimming in glucose and the numbers were very erratic. It’s settled now and I’m content.

Much like you I have been looking for an explanation of the average glucose to no avail. May I ask if you are seeing similar results etc?

Anyway ( I think tomorrow) the CGM’s time is up and I’ll go back to finger prick testing . I’m hoping that I can start to relax and that the testing will confirm I’m on track. For the next few months I’m only going to consume food that I KNOW I can trust .

I do have one more CGM and I’ll install it on the run up to my A1C test. Belts and braces

autum

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks for the reply Autum,

I “ think “ I’m glad I’ve used the CGM and it’s been eye opening. One week ( this is my guess) my body was adjusting to not being swimming in glucose and the numbers were very erratic. It’s settled now and I’m content.

Much like you I have been looking for an explanation of the average glucose to no avail. May I ask if you are seeing similar results etc?

Anyway ( I think tomorrow) the CGM’s time is up and I’ll go back to finger prick testing . I’m hoping that I can start to relax and that the testing will confirm I’m on track. For the next few months I’m only going to consume food that I KNOW I can trust .

I do have one more CGM and I’ll install it on the run up to my A1C test. Belts and braces
Happy to hear you´re happy trying the CGM, I share that with you. :) It is indeed eye opening and a really good way to get to know your own body in a way. It did raise my anxiety though at times, especially when the curve looks elevated, even though within the normal range. In those moments I´ve used a finger prick to confirm or dismiss the value in the CGM. (My understanding is that the CGM is usually about 10 min behind).

I do too find my average glucose a bit high, especially during 12:00-18:00, I would think (or maybe hope) that my glucose drops more after the meals during the day (which is usually just one within that time) than it appears in CGM. I can´t know for sure, but my general experience is that the CGM curve goes down slower then when I measure with finger pricks.

Reactions: Paul41