She obviously doesn't care

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I wrote a while back about a woman I met at the sports centre, who'd just ben diagnosed type 2 and told not to test herself.
She wasn't there last week, but I met her again today. She's perfectly happy that she's got things under control. she's had "Blood tests" once a month from the nurse. and has been told that as things are geting better, she doesn't need them so often. I think they were HbA1cs. Monthly would show up a trend I suppose. She said that she started out at 10 and is now 7. She's not interested in what that means, but has been told that increasing her Metformin from 2 x 500 per day to 3 x 500 has done the trick. she also said that she' asked about what tto eat before and after exercise and been told toast is fine before and a children's cereal bar, which is apparently only 6% sugar for afterwards. I asked to see the bar, because I'd like to find a low carb one to carry on long walks. BUT the list of ingredients included Sugar, Dextrose, various cereals and Invert sugar syrup. so where this 6% comes in, I couldn't see. ( what do you think folks?) It's not something I'd dare eat.
I felt frustrated,but I cannot make myself unpleasant. she's a nice woman to have coffee with. She also said she'd been told to lose 10 Kg.and has lost 3. She's slim, so i couldn't understand that either. Oh well! maybe the PCT will give me her strip ration :twisted:

ally5555

that is the nature of some people . I have alot like her and it is so very frustrating. When you try to take care of your own health it is hard to understand why some do not.

I am guessing that the nurses have her sussed to and that is prob her bs not hba1. I sometimes as a HP need to take a step backwards because you just cannot win . She may have been told to test but cannot be bothered to - people are often frugal with the truth.

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
Hi hanadr,

I'd guess that the 6% is the total sugars, rather than total carbohydrate. Quite often
foods are marked as "low sugar", which is technically right, but the actual total
carbohydrate content can be quite high.

Regards,
timo.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I suspect the sugar refers to the ingredient listed as sugar and misses the Dexrose and the invert sugar syrup.( and I'm sure there were about 4 altogether) They were near the beginning of the list. there was no "Panel". Since they were Tesco's own I suppose I could chase up the information.