Show Us Your Logs!!

Beating-My-Betes

No...Don't worry. This is not a Gillia McKeith tribute thread.

There're a lot of folk here, and in the wider nutritional space (Yup! Low-fatters, also) who make obective claims about personal results without provideing objective ata. Understandably, it's not apropos to post this kind of thing in every thread, and on every occasion the topic arises. So I thought this might be a good space for people to share.

At this point it probably goes without saying that I'm (lets say, erm...) sceptical of any claims that point to carbs (At pretty much any quantity, it seems) and/or insulin-resistance being either the cause of weight gain and/or diabetes or the factor inhibiting weight-loss. Various figures get thrown around, sometimes but not often. Even when numbers are mentioned, they're not usually accompanied by logged data.

Please feel use this thread to show any recorded tracking data to support any of the above contentions.

Calories-in, preferably weighed quantities minus refuse. Calories-out, from whichever tracking tech that was used. Bonus points if you ever had any tests to distinguish fat from lean-body-mass, water etc. Of course, all of this needs some kind of context. Estimated BMR, along with estimated TDEE would be great.

If claims are being made about insuin-resitance, please provide copies of those tests.

Furthermore, if the claim is being made that a current diet pattern allows weight-loss despite the consumption of more calories, then please provide current data for comparison. Again, any current insulin-resistance data would help complete the picture.

I believe that to make objective claims we should have objective data. Looking forward to seeing it.