SICK OF DIABETES

microfazer

Dislikes
man-made in$ulin$, lack of C-peptide, in$ulin propaganda, half-wit medical personnel, insulin bottles that are so much thinner than beer bottles
Lantu$ has many, many dissatisfied users, and although not specifically for GI-related issues, its high rate of dissatisfaction does indicate that its at least not as perfect as sales pitches might indicate. amongst the most common complaints with Lantu$ are those of back & shoulder pain. extremely common, those complaints are.

i'm not particularly familiar with novorapid, or at least not by that name.

if it were me, i'd opt for a porcine NPH/Regular combo for at least a few weeks time, and see what it brings about. switching insulins and comparing things is pretty darn simple all things considered, and if it doesnt help its just as easy to swap back.

edit: its interesting how many times back/shoulder issues are mentioned in just this one page re: Lantu$

http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/lantus-insulin-side-effects-linked-to-cancer-4614/

coincidence?

TopoGigi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Negativity
In reply

Diabetic neuropathy that has affected the nerves in your stomach and bowels (Gastroparesis) will cause both constipation and stools that are very gooey and soft, also nausea, vomiting and feeling really unwell. This causes delayed emptying of food from your stomach hence blood sugars are much harder to control. Therefore I can understand your present diet.

So megan 2002 perhaps you should ask your Diabetic doctor if you could have Gastroparesis.

take care