Some questions about me getting an insulin pump...

jrodbrown58

So I should be getting a used insulin pump and if it happens to come with infusion sets and cartridges could I go ahead and start using it without my Dr setting it up? I'm currently taking 25 units of Novolog with each meal and 20 units of levemir in the morning and at bedtime. If someone could just tell me what I should set my basal and bolus rates at until I can actually go in and see the Dr that would be great BC I go to a free clinic and they can only see me like 3 times a year and I'm so excited to see the potential of the pump can be for me....I'm tired of being sick and tired all the time and just wanna use it asap.

Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Are u in uk. Don't.know about other.pumps but pump consumables for accu chek combo need to be ordered direct. First your dsn/consultant needs to authorise an account to be set up. Also training should be done prior to starting on the pump.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jrodbrown58

No, US. And I'm getting a used pump and thought that maybe the recent user had some supplies left over. I have emailed my Dr. Basically asking the same questions but it usually takes her a while to respond BC of being so busy with other patients. And me being without insurance I'm left with very few options.