Son showing high glucose

JConnor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lad complaining of stinging when weeing, checked for protein and found high glucose nothing else. I'm waiting for docs to ring back but in a right state. I'm worried sick. He petrified of blood checks he had to have them before and once took 3 adults to pin him down for it. If it is I don't know how ill cope, already feeling guilty because I type 1 :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

JConnor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
He has got an infection sugars are still high and won't give me an answer to if is the infection causing it or diabetes. They haven't given him any insulin yet and his sugars are still at 15 getting really frustrated with lack of communication at moment is taking two of us to pin down for BM checks :(

John7956

JConnor said:
. I'm waiting for docs to ring back but in a right state. I'm worried sick. He petrified of blood checks he had to have them before and once took 3 adults to pin him down for it. If it is I don't know how ill cope, already feeling guilty because I type 1 :(
Hi JConnor, sorry to her you are in such a state also hope he gets better soon.

Now, this might come across in a rather aggressive way but I don't intend it to. If it turns out it is T1 he has, there is nothing you could have done about it; there is no cure or remedy (yet…). The best thing you can do is support him if it is T1. He has the best source of information possible - a fellow T1. If you support him in looking after himself he will be fine.

(Just remember he still has to be himself - don't let the diabetes control him or what he does. I let it control me and you really don't want to be going down that route)

John7956

Also with regard to your worry about pain, I found it useful, when I was diagnosed, to hold an ice cube against the area I was going to inject into - numbs the pain.
Also when doing blood tests I still use really hot water and that opens up blood vessels really close the the skin (vasodilation) and means you don't need to have the lancet go in as deep or with as much force.

Hope that helps

Happy_Horse

I know that this is really late but I only just joined this thing!! I had the same thing and it is probably thrush. Because of sugar being in your blood it is " flushed out " and something else combined with it can cause it. Good luck!