sores

mocharl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hiya all

i am new on here just a quick question i have been on insulin and tablets for approx 3 yrs since when i have repeated sores on my arms and legs that heal eventually but some have been there for over two years the healed ones leave scars Gp prescribed various creams,lotions and soap substitutes all to no avail was referred to a dermatologist,who to be quite frank was useless and lost interest when he confirmed that it was NOT skin cancer,which whilst a relief has not helped at all other symptoms like thirst,sweats,temperature changes etc have improved a lot.

alliebee

I'm so sorry to hear this. You must have been quite worried. I'm a nurse and the only advice I can give you is to go back to your Gp and ask him for another referral to the skin clinic. You deserve answers as to what is causing these sores and a treatment care plan...did your consultant indicate that it was caused by your diabetes because that would be rare esp on your arms and the fact you have your bg readings under better control. I hope you get some answers good luck

Reactions: 2 people

mocharl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so sorry to hear this. You must have been quite worried. I'm a nurse and the only advice I can give you is to go back to your Gp and ask him for another referral to the skin clinic. You deserve answers as to what is causing these sores and a treatment care plan...did your consultant indicate that it was caused by your diabetes because that would be rare esp on your arms and the fact you have your bg readings under better control. I hope you get some answers good luck
thank you i feel that i have not been taken seriously by either the GP or diabetic nurse

oomhenry

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Other
Do you still have the sores or have they healed? Can you post pictures of the sores here?

Last edited by a moderator: