Stinging pain in legs?

DeafDiabetic

Hi

I've just been diagnosed very recently as T2 so still feel as if I'm in an unreal world, a bit scared and unsure of the outcome as I'm puzzled with absolutely nobody in my family suffering from this at all.

Right, that's my Victor Meldrew moan out of the way........

What I'd like to know is:

1). I have had uncomfortable stinging pain in lower of part of legs with faint red blothes for some time. Could this be diabetic rlated?

2). I'm finding the pinprick ("C*****r") thingy a bit tricky. Words not normally found in a standard dictionary have, shamefully, been used when trying to reject the pin afterwards..... I've just seen an advert on the back page of the Sept-Oct edition of "Balance" for what seems to be a better machine for this (not sure if I'm allowed to name it here?) Anybody know if this might be better for me rather than the one the clinic supplied me with called C*****r?

Thanks

DD

Sue Morton

Hello DD

In reply to your question 1 the only reply any one can give you is to see your doctor as they do not give medical advice on this forum as none are doctors and your doctor is the best person to answer this to you. Sorry about that.

2). yes you can say Contour as I assume that is the device you have C....r. They do advertise on here to get one free.

I use contour and find it very good - have you got the setting for pricking your finger on high as you may need to lower it a bit Turn the nozzle at the top to do this. I don't change the needle every time just cleanse it with surgical spirit but if you do change the needle wait until your finger is feeling a bit better and you are less tense. It does take time to get used to it. Wouldn't use anything else now as I have got used to it.

We all use various devices on here and what one uses another uses a different one. My first device was a boots make but the strips are terribly expensive £25 for 50 and only place you can get them from is boots but the Contour strips you can get on eBAY and other places.

It is very confusing when you are first diagnosed but you will get some useful advice here and hopeful one of the moderators will put the page on here that they give to all new comers about what your sugat levels should be and help with what to eat.

I wish you all the best and like everything its all trial and error finding what suits you. There is an old saying one mans food is anothers poison and this is true in our cases as what one can eat another can't. So keep testing and finding whats best for you. Once you have this sorted you wont need to test quite so much but will need to keep an eye on your levels.

All the best
Sue :)

DeafDiabetic

Hi Sue

Thanks for your lovely reply. I guess you're right in that none of us are doctors here and that we're all different - even within T1 or T2 groups.

Sorry, if I did'nt make my post clear. I meant after doing the pin pricking then putting everything away I'm finding the pins a little bit stubborn in coming out of the things. I've followed the instructions and yet they won't pop out - I'm having to pull them out. And oh, here's another question: what's the best way of disposing of the used pins afterwards?

Sorry to ask a lorra questions - as you can guess I'm a bit shellshocked after the original diagnosis only 3 weeks ago despite absolutely nobody in my entire Family Tree suffering from it......