1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 Sugar level spikes

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Scarlett91, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Scarlett91

Scarlett91 Type 1 · Active Member

I've been T1D since early Sept '17. My "honeymoon" period ended in January I think as I noticed my sugar levels were getting higher even though my diet remained the same.
    Over the last week I have been getting quite high spikes and sugar levels that don't seem to come down. Is this quite normal? I'm in the process of trying to get into a healthier eating habit, although my diet isn't awful I know there are a few things I need to try and cut down on. But I'm finding I don't yet have a stable sugar level. I have it in my mind I need to be at the right level but am I being too hard on myself seeing as I've not been diagnosed long?

Thanks in advance

Scarlett

2. Altaf_7

Altaf_7 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

What were the readings that you noted and what was your diet ? Was it high in carbs and all?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook