Swimming today!

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypos
For the first time in years in going swimming! I'm sat here nervous haha... Last time I went swimming I was about 10 and messing around! - confidence with my body is low so wish me luck people this is the start of my weight loss journey (and hopefully controlling my diabetes!)

Reactions: 8 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Swimming is great exercise, so try and stick with it, even of it doesn't go very well to start with (though I'm sure it will) The longer you do it, the easier it will become. Good luck :)

Reactions: 2 people

Moosepig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes, people who think they know everything!
Good for you. I haven't been swimming since i was diagnosed in august. I used to love swimming but I'm worried about going now as my levels plummet when i do physical exercise that isn't even that hard - i muck out my sheep and chickens everyday. Strangely, they also plummet when i am studying, to the point where i have to set an alarm for hourly snacks......you can hardly do that in the swimming pool!!!

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Best news is that you went swimming and enjoyed yourself, RosannaPownall. When are you going next?
mandy_horsley - do you mean that your levels plummet everyday when you muck out your livestock? In that case, can you increase your food intake and / or reduce your medication? For swimming, you can usually take snacks and either leave on side, where people leave towels / sandals ], or with a lifeguard, or tucked into your swimsuit - fruit puree pouches are waterproof and contain from about 8g - 18g CHO per pouch, depending on size and ingredients - more in pouches with banana, peach, cereal etc, lower in ones with mainly berries.