T2 need to go on insulin.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you so much for your post, I feel inspired
I am a type 1 with an interest in type 2 (father is type 2).
The focus of diabetes treatment is always what will make the blood glucose reduce but it should be noted that the blood glucose is not the only symptom of diabetes to conisider! Most type 2 diabetics die of heart disease and there are many studies showing that for a type 2 being on insulin or taking a drug that encourages the production of insulin, will only make you gain weight and make your insulin resistance worse thus even those with low blood glucose numbers suffered no less complications when treated with insulin and a lot of the drugs currently used than those who had higher HBA1cs. I live on insulin and of course it is totally do able although very tricksy if you end up on high doses but there are better solutions to sorting out your insulin resistance by reducing the fat around your pancreas and liver which is causing it.
For example the low carb diet and/or fasting or even the Newcastle diet.
SGLT2 inhibitors are a type of drug e.g. canegefozin help the body excrete glucose through the kidneys so are reckoned to be more cardio protective than the previous classes of drugs including insulin.
It is not inevitable that you should need to end up on insulin so do take a look at the Sarah Hallberg talk plus Jason Fung (the Diabetes Code book goes into the pros and cons of the drugs) before you decide.