Type 1.5 Tech for managing newly diagnosed Type 1 (LADA) diabetes

Mustaffa

Newly diagnosed Type 1 ((LADA) at the end of July and immediatly put on basal insulin (Lantus).
Started ag 10 units and increase by one unit every 3 days untill I got my average weely glucose down to 5.8. HbA1C at the end of November was 37mml.
To help get control I invested in the oldest iPhone capable of the latest iOS 14 from ebay for £120.
I was given a Contour blood glucose monitor hen I was diagnoeed and had to manually record all my readings which was vrey cumbersome.
I discovered that there was a Contou Next One glucose monitor being given away for free to Type 1 diabetics, you have to persuade you GP to switch from the basic Contour test strips to Contour Next strips.
The new monitor links wirelessly by Blutooth to my new iPhone and records it in the Contour app which I installed.
This saved a lot of time by I was dissapointed to find it was difficult to share my readings with the clinic.
The Contour app links to the apple Health app which is also difficult to extract the readings from. Then found
I then found the OneDrop app which can take the info from Apple Health app and display it and export it in a very user friendly way.
I also use the OneDrop app to redord the meds I have taken and Carbs from the meals I have eaten. It also shows my steps and bloods presdure readings I've recorded.
Finally I intalled an app called HealthView which displays the data on the homescreen in a Widget so I can montor my readings.
I am just starting my diabetes LADA journey, I am obviously sill producing some insulin but as my islet cells die off I am going to be totally dependent on insulin.
This tech has certainly helped me get a handle on things.
Does anyone else have any tech tips?

Last edited: