Test

poshbird

Hi my name is Vicky and I am 23 years old and I am 26 weeks pregnant, I am going to have GTT test on Tuesday. Anyway I saw some Diabetic tests at boots (accu-test) so I bought one and I have used one before because my grandma is diabetic and she also had GD, when she was pregnant.

I thought I would just act normal and I ate some pasta for my lunch, with a scone and I had half a bottle of a glucosey drink. 2 hours after I did a test and it said 12.6 and then I thought well maybe it wasn't just dead on 2 hours so I did another half hour later and it said 9.

So I've decided to test after my main meal.

Does this look like I could have a glucose problem? I know its not for def until diagnosed.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Vicky and welcome to the forum :) I'm afraid we can't give an opinion as to whether you have diabetes or not - you must ask your doctor if you have reason to think you are diabetic, and wait till Tuesday when you have your test. You cannot tell from the test you did at home. If you do turn out to be diabetic then come back here and we will help you all we can. :)