Thank you to all on this site

DeanLJ

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd just like to say a big thank you to this site and all on here

I've just had my second HbA1c results and although there is more work to do I'm managing this thing well

My first HbA1c was 115mmol (IFCC) or 12.%

My results from this week are 65mmol (IFCC) or 8.1%

thanks to this forum and some excellent books I've educated myself and changed my lifestyle.

My Serum cholesterol/HDL ratio is down from 7.1 to 4.3

I've not lost much weight but have lost fat and gained muscle mass so I'm looking forward to losing more fat and overall weight dropping over the next 3 months

The best advice i had from this site is 'eat to your meter'

I do LCHF and test every morning. if I'm eating out or eating something new then i test before eating and 2 hours after. over 2mmol up and the new food goes on the banned list :)

thankfully i'm ok having a couple of beers with a meal occasionally

If you've not been given a meter by your GP, go buy one, buy the strips too if you must. monitoring and keeping your BG low will prevent complications later on.

Again thank you to everyone on this site, you've all been an inspiration

Reactions: 8 people

Ceres

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations, @DeanLJ ! You are doing very well, indeed! And I heartily second your praise of this forum; I've only been around for a little while, but I have found it immeasurably valuable already.

Keep up the excellent work!

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you too for telling us. That's brilliant news. Well done on all your hard work. Don't forget to keep us updated with your progress in the future. :)

What did your GP say about your most recent results? Were you asked what you were doing to control your BG's?

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very well done @DeanLJ on your amazing progresss :)!!! U miust really thrilled.Yes I agree this site is fantastic .I am also very grateful for all the learning on here! :)

DeanLJ

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you too for telling us. That's brilliant news. Well done on all your hard work. Don't forget to keep us updated with your progress in the future. :)

What did your GP say about your most recent results? Were you asked what you were doing to control your BG's?

My GP is pretty good, he gives the 'official advice' and then talks 'off the record'. I've seen him a few times in the last 3 months and we talk about what i'm doing and where I find my information.

He complimented me today saying i've made the biggest and quickest turn around of any T2 diabetes patient he's had and it's always a pleasure when i have an appointment as i'm so motivated.

He hinted that if i get under 48 HbA1c within the next 6 months then I'll likely come off Metformin and just manage things with diet and exercise. This is my next challenge although i know it's going to be hard work.

He said i can book a HbA1c anytime i want if i feel i've made good progress or if I'm happy to stick with quarterly test then that's ok too. It feels great as i feel i'm controlling the diabetes and not the other way around.

I'm one happy fella today :)

Reactions: 7 people

fred1234

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
You have every right to be a happy fellow. Well done! Your gp sounds really motivated too and so nice to get a compliment from gp. Keep up your hard work...then maybe no more meds. This site is invaluable and to read of success stories such as yours just sends out motivation. Wonderful

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Congratulations and well done..please keep us updated on your progress.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I'd just like to say a big thank you to this site and all on here

I've just had my second HbA1c results and although there is more work to do I'm managing this thing well

My first HbA1c was 115mmol (IFCC) or 12.%

My results from this week are 65mmol (IFCC) or 8.1%

thanks to this forum and some excellent books I've educated myself and changed my lifestyle.

My Serum cholesterol/HDL ratio is down from 7.1 to 4.3

I've not lost much weight but have lost fat and gained muscle mass so I'm looking forward to losing more fat and overall weight dropping over the next 3 months

The best advice i had from this site is 'eat to your meter'

I do LCHF and test every morning. if I'm eating out or eating something new then i test before eating and 2 hours after. over 2mmol up and the new food goes on the banned list :)

thankfully i'm ok having a couple of beers with a meal occasionally

If you've not been given a meter by your GP, go buy one, buy the strips too if you must. monitoring and keeping your BG low will prevent complications later on.

Again thank you to everyone on this site, you've all been an inspiration
Nice to hear your doing so well