Thank you

gardenfairy22

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advise given by the good souls out there after my first visit to the practice nurse 10 days ago. As advised I bought a bg monitor, tested, tested, tested, then after 3 days cut down on carbs, I joined a Sit and Be Fit exercise class, and am walking more. My bg´s were regularly 16-20, now I am getting 8-11. I know I still have a long way to go, and I´m desperately afraid of falling off the diet, but not staying on it and losing my toes is worse :wink: ! Many many thanks.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Well done GF!! You are on your way to control.Don't think of it as a diet! Diets are transient things which people start and stop.Think of it as a changed lifestyle to a healthier, happier life.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
As sue says, you'll get there, you've made a BIg improvement in those numbers already. under 7 is the safety zone.

Trinkwasser

Big congratulations, looks like you've broken through the "glucose toxicity" barrier and are well on the way to normal numbers already

Doczoc

Excellent progress! As Sue says, don't think of it as a diet, it's just a new way of eating. I was the biggest carb addict in the world, bread with every meal, potatoes, pastries, pasta you name it, I was particularly proud of the pie sandwich I invented at uni LOL! But I actually feel liberated now, having drastically cut my carbs since the end of November, I've also lost 2 stone without even trying! The first three weeks were tough, I was VERY strict, but now it really is plain sailing, all those cravings have gone and I never have those dark angry moods if I haven't eaten for a while. Oh and I've reversed my fatty liver in a month and my lipids are better than fine! Unless something drastic happens in the next few months then this is me for life, and you know what, it's easy!

Trinkwasser

Doczoc said:
Excellent progress! As Sue says, don't think of it as a diet, it's just a new way of eating. I was the biggest carb addict in the world, bread with every meal, potatoes, pastries, pasta you name it, I was particularly proud of the pie sandwich I invented at uni LOL! But I actually feel liberated now, having drastically cut my carbs since the end of November, I've also lost 2 stone without even trying! The first three weeks were tough, I was VERY strict, but now it really is plain sailing, all those cravings have gone and I never have those dark angry moods if I haven't eaten for a while. Oh and I've reversed my fatty liver in a month and my lipids are better than fine! Unless something drastic happens in the next few months then this is me for life, and you know what, it's easy!

Tasty too, once you break that carb addiction you'll wonder what you ever saw in all that bland stuff