Thyroid Gone Mad

Cherryred

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi LADA's..I hope to confirm 100% that I am indeed part of this club next week as I had all the tests last week.

I have hashimotos and last year my endocrinologist sent me on three different occasions to have needle biopsies. All three times I was told different reasons for not doing the biopsy, no clearly defined nodules or too many nodules to biopsy, twice. We decided to leave it for 6 months and we would re-scan to see if anything changed. In the last month things have changed as my thyroid has grown considerably and I now have a goiter...nothing massive yet but it is noticeable if I point it out. My primary care doctor noticed and told me to make sure I mention to endo. I have tried to search Dr. Google to see if insulin or Metformin could be the cause and I don't believe it is. Nothing else has changed. Could it be my immune system is going crazy attacking itself, causing diabetes to crescendo to the point it was pre-diagnosis and my thyroid to grow? Since diagnosis and insulin all the symptoms of diabetes have disappeared except the exhaustion, as I need a nap at 3 pm, which is tough to do at work!

Thanks all.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thyroids are notoriously strange. You should have the nodules checked though. When was your last ultrasound?

The 3 pm nap is typical for hypothyroidism and suggests you are undermedicated or possibly need some T3, either synthetic or the natural NDT.