Toenail Fungus

MYY

I have toenail fungus on the thumb of my left foot. I believe its related to diabetes.

The thing looks ugly and yellowish brown in color and is starting to crack up.

I showed it to a doc and he gave me some cream to apply on it.

Does anyone here have the same problem and if so how did you treat it.

Thanks in advance.

hallii

You have a thumb on your foot, maybe a transplant?

Anyway, fungus under the nail of you big toe is quite common with diabetes,it takes a long time to grow out and the treatment has to be continued for about 6 months until the nail has grown clear of the infection.

Not sure what ointment you have but a good treatment is one of the clear medicated nail varnishes, you have to apply it each day and it works.

H

MYY

hallii said:
You have a thumb on your foot, maybe a transplant?

Anyway, fungus under the nail of you big toe is quite common with diabetes,it takes a long time to grow out and the treatment has to be continued for about 6 months until the nail has grown clear of the infection.

Not sure what ointment you have but a good treatment is one of the clear medicated nail varnishes, you have to apply it each day and it works.

H

That was stupid of me. I meant my big toenail.

Thanks for the advice about the nail varnish

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a big toenail like that. My podiatrist told me to get some Loceryl (which my GP prescribed for me). It's an anti-fungal varnish that you paint on your toenail once or twice a week. Comes in a little kit with all the bits you need. It can take 9 months to a year to completely grow the fungus out, but it works.