Travelling & getting insulin

johnny

Hi my name is johnny and i have been diabetic since 2003. i am 29 & think i have my diabetes fairly well controlled. I got married in May this year and for our honeymoon we are going travelling in Oct for 3 mths. we are going to singapore, australia, new zealand and fiji.

does anyone know if you can buy insulin while away to these places, i dont want to bring 3 mths supply and with the heat im not sure it would last.

and does anyone know of a good diabetic travel insurance policy, i have check out a few but none seem to offer replacement drugs if weather destroyed

any help would be great

thanks

johnny

jane22

Have you looked at All Clear? I use them but don't know about drug replacement. I found them very helpful on the phone and premiums for me were better than many. I haven't needed to claim so still don't know how good they are. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

jessie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just followed your advice Jane and took out my insurance with All Clear - much cheaper than all of the others I looked at and the website was straight forward, only took a few minutes. Thanks!

Johnny I'm not sure either about getting hold of insulin abroad - may be an idea to speak to your DN?

Have a great trip.

Jessie. x

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Contact the embassies of the countries you will visit and ask them how to go about getting supplies
Hana