very well done mountaintom keep up the good workHi all,
Just got my results back from quarterly bloods. I’m 37 and was diagnosed T1 and with Hypertriglyceridemia at the start of January this year with a Trig count of 12 (eek!), cholesterol total of 9. Now after giving up beer and taking Rosuvostatin 20mg a day I’ve come back with trigs at 1.6 and cholesterol of 4.9.
My HBA1C came back at 7.5% which I am very happy about. It was 12-14% when I was diagnosed.
Hip hip hooray!
Good work!
Did you get a breakdown on the HDL part of that cholesterol ouot of interest?
Not wishing to pee on your parade... but.... lower cholesterol isn't necessarily better.
Not especially but if your total cholesterol was 9 then your trigs can't have been 12...unless you have a negative something.. have you discovered the cholesterol equivalent of anti-matter? At least I don't think they can have been.Erm you can have my trigs of 12 if you want...
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/interesting-new-piece-from-dr-zoe-harcombe.141287/
"
1) Raised cholesterol (defined as ≥ 5.0 mmol/L) was inversely associated with CVD deaths in most countries.
I found the same using World Health Organisation data for all 192 countries of the world in 2010 (Ref 7). For men and women in Europe, North Africa, Asia & Oceania and America, raised cholesterol was associated with lower CVD deaths. The inverse relationship was particularly strong in Europe where it was an identical -0.79 for men and women. That’s strong.
"
So two things on cholesterol and statins; firstly cholesterol below 5 looks risky; secondly read the side effects of statins - they can impact blood glucose control and also increase the risk of developing diabetes.
Well done for addressing your symptoms and taking control.
It might be worth reading a little more about cholesterol levels and risk, versus statins and the risks.
Now after giving up beer and taking Rosuvostatin 20mg a day
I find the current controversy around statins frustrating. Why would the medical profession get it so wrong?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?