tummy bug/low bg's - help!

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has a similar experience to this...my 5 yo daughter had a tummy bug last Tues & had a day of sickness and diahorrea. We managed ok with sips of sweet drinks and plain biscuits etc and it seemed to pass without any major problems. she went back to school a couple of days later, and ate her packed lunch with no more vomiting. But on Fri night she woke at 1.30 to be sick, and has been sick during the night every night since. WE are struggling to keep her blood sugars high as she has no appetite at all and is pretty much refusing all food saying that her stomach hurts. Took her to A&E yesterday and they said that it's just the bug lingering on and we should just carry on with how we are managing and it will eventually clear. They say if she was really ill her sugars would be high due to body's stress response, but this isn't happening. Has anyone else had anything like this? Could it be the low blood sugar causing her to vomit in the night? She is hypo when this happens. On doctors advice, glargine has been kept at same dose (although did reduce last night but still sick), and just giving 1-2 units of novorapid if and when I can get any carbs in her.
Any thoughts/advice would be most appreciated!

alaska

Hi Caitlin

Have the difficulties passed now?

From personal experience, I know that illness combined with low blood glucose levels makes me feel nauseous, so I wouldn't be surprised if a low blood sugar had caused her to vomit.

Ed