Type 1 - Cleaniness related

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Katharine said:
No matter what mothers do they just can't win!

On the radio yesterday they talked about too much cleanliness leading to allergies etc then the very next topic was how we should all wash our hands more often, every 5 minutes by the sound of it ... they didn't seem to remember what they'd just been saying.

okay, so long as we're all agreed...

Calmwaters

Dislikes
in cooking, peppers, mustard, chillies etc
in books, romantic slop & reptiles
Is it me or has the world gone crackers?
I don't believe diabetes is caused by being to clean.
There are so many scary stories out there & it seems in some cases just plain common sense must prevail.
I personally believe diabetes is caused by a defective gene ... in most cases it has travelled down through families & you can just be unlucky & be the one to get it, irrespective of if your clean or not !
My Mother was obsessive about cleanliness & as the middle Child of 3 I got diabetes...years later My Mother discovered she has it...both of my 2 siblings are not affected BUT...I prefer a normal happy family life & No ! Bleach isn't at the top of my shopping list.

I know there will be folk who will disagree, but that's my opinion & i'm sticking with it.

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Cleanliness causing diabetes was a very dubious conclusion to draw from this research. They were giving the mice antibotics, but taking antibiotics is not the same thing as living in a clean environment. It may lead to identification of a protein or something missing from type 1s' bodies but I don't think we can ban housework just yet :(