type 2

Geez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was on JANUMET 50/500 if I remember right ... I also had Diamicron but after a while the doc took me off them and left me on the JANUMET

alicemason

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was only diagnosed a couple weeks ago. I was so ill on holiday with thirst dizzy shaky and my legs kept going from me. So wen I got bk my daughter borrowed a monitor and tested my blood it was 16.9 thats wen I went to see the docs

alicemason

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
She said iv to see diabetic nurse then tells me shes off until after xmas as shes had an op and there isnt another . Its a joke really

alliebee

Alice could you ask your doctor if you could attend the hospital clinic. Its awful that no body can see you until after xmas. Esp so newly diagnosed

alicemason

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I will ask . She never mentioned anything other than go bk to see her in six weeks. My daughter isnt happy about the way things have gone

alliebee

No I agree. Make an appt to see your gp or talk to him over the phone and tell him you feel a bit cut adrift and need advice now not in 2 months time. Ask him to refer you to the clinic at the hospital. At least while your nurse is off sick. Amazed someone isn't covering

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Alice. Wow you have been left alone to get on with it haven't you? This website is brilliant for information though and I must admit I have had far more help from here than from the surgery. My blood test was cancelled. I rang and made a new appointment. Then they cancelled it again so I'm not having it until next week.

Reactions: 2 people

alicemason

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear mo sorry to hear they cancelled. I must admit I have found this site fantastic it has helped me a lot