Ups and downs

Davyc

Hi all.
I've been reading here since I was diagnosed T2 last august. I'm 37 and It was a bit of shock to the system when I was told but not entirely unexpected.
I found that I could immediately cut out the sugar etc and started exercising. I now find that I have good weeks and bad weeks. Some weeks my eating and activity is good and my bs is good. Other weeks is just don't seem to have the willpower to be good. I've read all the horror stories about complications and this is usually what kicks me back into gear.
I was a total chocoholic and really miss the sweet treats and oh do I ever love my carbs. Not good.
I just get fed up with it. Not looking for sympathy. Just had to get it off my chest.

T2. 2 x metformin daily

Avg. morning bs 5 - 6.5 mmol
Avg. evening bs 4.5 - 9 mmol (usually)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

j400jmo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who moan abut being a diabetic.
Hi Davy
I was diagnosed with type 1 at the age of 30, twenty years ago. It was a huge sock and difficult to come to terms with.
I struggled for some time with fluctuating BS levels, but It does get better and easier to deal with over time.

It is easy for me to say stay positive, as I am used to the required regime, I assure you that over time the condition is very manageable,
and you will find the condition easier to deal with.

John

Reactions: 2 people

Nic51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Well this is only my own personal view on it all, im recently diagnosed and as yet not seen the DN but have made what i consider radical changes to my diet, but that being said my philosophy at the moment is, im not sure how long ive had high glucose levels but i know in the last 3 weeks ive cut mine by over a half, i wont let this rule my life tho, yesterday the chef at work had made homemade trufffles now normally i would devour loads instead i had 1 and the weekend with my roast i had it all but cut down on the carb bits upped the veg , yes i want to be healthy and i know that keeping my sugars lower (for me) will be a good thing but i also want to enjoy life, as i said only my own view.