kelvin45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liver
Hi All,
I recently had a 930pm very low (for me) BG of 2,2. Because i had, had an unusual meal for me, a steak dinner, i checked my bloods 2 hours post just to see what the effect was. Normally by the time my BG is registering 4.3 I get symptoms that i recognise and can take the appropriate actions. This time there was no warning at all and this frightened me. Has anyone any suggestions as to what may have caused this.
thanks in advance

Normal BG is about 7.2
Last Hb1ac was equivalent of 6.9

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there @kelvin45
you have listed both apidra and lantus as medications you are currently taking to control blood sugar-- my answer is a resounding YES that you can get hypo's -- the quick answer is you took too much insulin for the amount of carbohydrate you took on board

do you take set amounts of fast acting ( apidra ) for meals -- or are you carb counting and adjusting your bolus dose to suit your meal ??

kelvin45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liver
Thanks for the response, I am aware that eating too little carbs can affect BG's and yes i do adjust my apidra as needed. It wasn't that, that worried me but the total lack of any warning that did as well as the very low reading for me.