Wait times for DVLA

Brambly Hedge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone,
Type 2 now on low dose of insulin. Can anyone advise what are the approximate wait times for DVLA to make a decision regarding continuing to drive. Also, when you fill in the form and send it to them do you have to send in your driving licence at the same time as I use mine as a form of I.D.
I will also be going abroad in the next few weeks (not driving) do you have to be available to answer post etc?

Thanks

D

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Everyone,
Type 2 now on low dose of insulin. Can anyone advise what are the approximate wait times for DVLA to make a decision regarding continuing to drive. Also, when you fill in the form and send it to them do you have to send in your driving licence at the same time as I use mine as a form of I.D.
I will also be going abroad in the next few weeks (not driving) do you have to be available to answer post etc?

Thanks

D
Good Morning Brambly Hedge

I replaced my licence earlier this year. I got my licence back before my old one expired. That was despite having to complete additional forms after the initial one. There were time limits on sending back the second form so probably depends on how low you are away on holiday.

I telephoned the about sending back my old licence and was told I could hold on to it if I wished.

Hope this helps

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As diabetes is my only medical condition, I was able to apply for my driving license online. Nothing was sent by post and my new license arrived within less than a week.

Brambly Hedge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morning Brambly Hedge

I replaced my licence earlier this year. I got my licence back before my old one expired. That was despite having to complete additional forms after the initial one. There were time limits on sending back the second form so probably depends on how low you are away on holiday.

I telephoned the about sending back my old licence and was told I could hold on to it if I wished.

Hope this helps
Thank you ever so much.

Brambly Hedge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
As diabetes is my only medical condition, I was able to apply for my driving license online. Nothing was sent by post and my new license arrived within less than a week.
Thank you ever so much for your reply. Can I ask if this was recent?. I also have a heart condition don't know if I will be able to apply online.

daffy1

Dislikes
garlic, pubs
Once you filled in the forms it’s fairly quick. The only time mine was held up was because they insisted I had epilepsy and blackouts. It didn’t matter how much myself and the doctor told them it was rubbish but because I’d declared ataxia which can cause me to lose balance when walking. This is one of the daftest questions I was ever asked “ have you ever fallen over when driving !!!!. I wanted to be really sarcastic with my reply but thought better of it. It took them 6 months to finally send the replacement.

• Funny
Reactions: ravensmitten