Walking

flonvic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi.just tested 2 hrs after lunch.12.3!!! Did 30 mins on treadmill,now down to 8.4.Silly question but what happened to the 3 9 points I lost?Gone for good or waiting to pounce?

SimonP78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm T1, but I'd suggest it's gone for good (or rather until next time you need it ;)), taken in directly by your skeletal muscle to replenish internally stored glycogen used while you were on the treadmill.

Reactions: flonvic

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Depending on your lunch at 2hrs your levels were probably on the way down. If you had done nothing for the next 30min they would have more than likely been lower than the 12.3. your exercise will have increased your need for energy and used up even more of that excess. So some of that 3.9 will have been used up anyway but quite a bit of it was used fueling your walk.
For me it would be more important to also know my level just before my lunch, then I would know if it was my meal that caused that 12.3

flonvic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Depending on your lunch at 2hrs your levels were probably on the way down. If you had done nothing for the next 30min they would have more than likely been lower than the 12.3. your exercise will have increased your need for energy and used up even more of that excess. So some of that 3.9 will have been used up anyway but quite a bit of it was used fueling your walk.
For me it would be more important to also know my level just before my lunch, then I would know if it was my meal that caused that 12.3
It was lunch that caused it.2 small slices of bread and a slice of iced bakewell.So self inflicted!

• Hug
Reactions: catinahat