Weekend alcohol increases BG by ~0.5mmol/l for the whole week

IamResistance

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, thanks for your words, I am happy that it helps and works for not only myself :)

Approximately after a month of sobriety I started noticing that my mood was somewhat unstable, and something subtle suggested that it was from coffee. I stopped coffee as well, and the morning BG curve spike (which I now understand was boosted by coffee) got flattened significantly. I think that I am pretty sensitive to caffeine and my health conditions quite improved without caffeine. I will experiment with it a little longer and will try to compare caffeinated and caffeine-free morning spikes for myself. As a preliminary results, my average day is ~5.8 mmol/L-fasting, ~5.0 before bed, and some days it is 5.3 mmol/L in the morning and 4.5 before bed.

Reactions: Paul41

Paul41

Oh, thanks for your words, I am happy that it helps and works for not only myself :)

Approximately after a month of sobriety I started noticing that my mood was somewhat unstable, and something subtle suggested that it was from coffee. I stopped coffee as well, and the morning BG curve spike (which I now understand was boosted by coffee) got flattened significantly. I think that I am pretty sensitive to caffeine and my health conditions quite improved without caffeine. I will experiment with it a little longer and will try to compare caffeinated and caffeine-free morning spikes for myself. As a preliminary results, my average day is ~5.8 mmol/L-fasting, ~5.0 before bed, and some days it is 5.3 mmol/L in the morning and 4.5 before bed.

I’m still watching this and seeing improvements.
The average glucose chart from my CGM is basically getting lower by the day. Fascinating
IMG_1353.jpg

Reactions: IamResistance