Weird feeling after eating

briony1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone else get a really weird feeling sometimes after they’ve eaten? Doesn’t necessarily have to be carby or sugary but recently have been suffering with a weird draining/buzzing feeling - really hard to describe. It feels like my body is releasing something?? Not adrenaline but don’t know?! It’s so hard to explain. Also sometimes worse in the mornings when I wake up - any ideas ☹️

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @briony1, a number of people describe similar feelings. In my experience it does to involve abnormally high or low BSLs.
And the I have heard that some think it is because once we lose all beta-cell function that we lose not only insulin but amylin production. But nothing substantive I can find to link the weird feelings to this..
A amylin-type drug or two have been marketed but at last report they were associated with risk of exacerbating Alzheimer's disease.
Whether we are reacting to something in the diet such as an intolerance to certain foods is another theory but again nothing conclusive.
Sometimes people are prescribed other medications unrelated to their diabetes and a delay in taking them might cause weird feelings. This happened to me recently when I woke up late having missed the morning before's dose of my anti-depressants. ( proceeds to corner, puts on dunce's hat, faces wall and murmurs repeatedly I must remember to take my tablets 100 x)

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone else get a really weird feeling sometimes after they’ve eaten? Doesn’t necessarily have to be carby or sugary but recently have been suffering with a weird draining/buzzing feeling - really hard to describe. It feels like my body is releasing something?? Not adrenaline but don’t know?! It’s so hard to explain. Also sometimes worse in the mornings when I wake up - any ideas ☹️
Yup. I used to test my levels in case insulin vs food had gone wrong, but they'd be normal so then I just used to wonder if I was tired or something. I'm OK in the morning though.