WEIRD METER MESSAGE :-(

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
While doing my after breakfast test this morning, my Contour Next insisted that I'd put the test strip in upside down :wideyed:, I definitely hadn't but re-inserted it only to get the same message, and ended up having to use a second one instead. Has anyone else had anything similar happen? I'm assuming that it must have been a "rogue" strip, and am wondering now if there might be any more in the pack.

Robbity

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I had the same message the other day, like you ended up using another strip.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
While doing my after breakfast test this morning, my Contour Next insisted that I'd put the test strip in upside down :wideyed:, I definitely hadn't but re-inserted it only to get the same message, and ended up having to use a second one instead. Has anyone else had anything similar happen? I'm assuming that it must have been a "rogue" strip, and am wondering now if there might be any more in the pack.

Robbity

Hi Robbity,

As far as I can remember when I inserted the strip upside down, I don't recall a report. But maybe the chemicals are different for the models of the meter.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey Robbity

This happened to me before, was just with 1 strip, others were fine & it's never happens since. They must just like to stick a duff one in now n then lol

Abbie x

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Robbity,

As far as I can remember when I inserted the strip upside down, I don't recall a report. But maybe the chemicals are different for the models of the meter.

Mine was definitely the right way up :wideyed: which is why I posted! I'm going to deliberately insert an upside down strip next time to see what my meter has to say - if anything...:D

Robbity

ETA Meter does also give same error message when I actually insert a strip upside and will also not turn on if strip goes in first.

Last edited by a moderator: