Approved What are research areas in Type2 Diabetics

cherry07

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Hi friends,

I'm a bio-informatics students, working on a project in Diabetes. If any of you are researcher or student, could you please let know the current burning issues in Type2 Diabetes? What are the major research areas on diabetes?
Looking for your help.

Thanks

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, there is a sub menu area dedicated to research on the Forum main menu It is titled Diabetes Research. If you move this post of yours there, then you may get more responses. We welcome people keen to carry out research, but the main stumbling block is funding, This limits topics that will actually attract resources to those that end in a saleable product (oh, I am such a cynic !!!). There are many subjects that diabetics would love to see formal research being conducted on, from supplements, to aiding or preventing the secondary outcomes such as peripheral neuropathy, macular degeneration etc. My personal one that I would do if there was resource is trialling Bitter Melon or Gymnema Sylvestre herbal supplements. My own personal trial has demonstrated to me that there is something happening with these, but my trial is not scientific.