What else do you do to help?

Lemonie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just wondered what other people do to help their diabetes not including the obvious of diet, exercise and quitting smoking? Do you take supplements or eat certain foods? I read a post from someone who has a glass of red wine a day to help so please share your tips with me. :thumbup:

Am thinking about reducing my salt intake but this is going to be harder than giving up carbs as I love my salt :shock:

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have much salt, for desert nearly every day I have pot of sugar free jelly with double cream, double cream appears to slow the sugar absorption (in me anyway)

I also take a cinnamon pill everyday and a immune multivitamin pill.

Elc1112

I like the glass of wine a day idea. Might have to adopt that ;)

I do te usual - try and keep my carbs low, get plenty of fresh fruit and veg, exercise, try and maintain a healyy weight. I find my diabetes becomes harder to manage if I put weight on, so I try and keep the pounds off.

Don't take any vitamins or anything.

I have to be honest, I like my salt too! I try and keep it to a minimum but I am perhaps guilty of adding too much to my food at times!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Lemonie said:
I just wondered what other people do to help their diabetes not including the obvious of diet, exercise and quitting smoking? Do you take supplements or eat certain foods?

Mmmm.....diet and exercise are the big two. Keeping a positive frame of mind helps as does not dwelling on past mistakes, I take Cod Liver Oil everyday and did take a garlic tablet up to 4 months ago but don't take anything else, keeping a cap on stress levels is also important as stress can play havoc on bg and bp levels.