Wimbledon and Pimms

K

koukla

Hi. I'm not a drinker as such but I do enjoy a glass (maybe a few) at Wimbledon time. Does anyone know how many carbs or indeed straight forward sugar there is in it? I haven't come across much information on the Internet. Cheers.... well I'm hoping so!!! Hehe

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Pimms No 1 25ml is 1 carb according to myfitnesspal. Plus whatever you add to it obviously.

Personally not into either tennis or Pimms, but whatever floats your boat lol.

Smartie xx

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I was given a Pimms once and it was full of chopped fruit. Don't know if that is normal, but the fruit would put me off tbh.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
According to calorieking.co.au Pimm's has 48 calories per 30ml measure, and 1.5g carbohydrate. Obviously that doesn't include any mixer of fruit that could be added.

kesun

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
For me Pimms means rowing rather than tennis - I take my exercise sitting down :)

The carbs are in the lemonade and the fruit. I've tried Pimms with only soda water instead of a mixture of soda and lemonade, and I also use stevia leaves, mint leaves and cucumber instead of the usual fruit salad. The result? It's Pimms, Jim, but not as we know it ...

You could experiment with adding mostly soda with just a little lemonade and try to find a balance between taste and BG.

Good luck!
Kate

K

koukla

Haha that was funny. It got me giggling. I'm learning even more see! I'd no idea there were stevia leaves. I'd be using diet lemonade. Just one big fat strawberry?!??!!?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App