Wish me luck! Going away for a conference!

jodysd6

I have only been low carb for a couple of months and generally do pretty well, even when eating out I have normally managed to find something and switch/omit sides but the times I have slipped a bit have been things like a work provided lunch. Today I am going away for 3 days to a conference so for today's dinner I am taking a pack up as we will be driving and the driver will probably want to stop at macdonalds! But after that I'm just hoping with breakfast and lunch buffets I will find options and just keep fingers crossed for the gala dinner, which only leaves the return evening journey where again the driver will probably want to stop at a fast food/motorway place, any suggestion for best options there as I can't take anything to have on that journey?

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I have only been low carb for a couple of months and generally do pretty well, even when eating out I have normally managed to find something and switch/omit sides but the times I have slipped a bit have been things like a work provided lunch. Today I am going away for 3 days to a conference so for today's dinner I am taking a pack up as we will be driving and the driver will probably want to stop at macdonalds! But after that I'm just hoping with breakfast and lunch buffets I will find options and just keep fingers crossed for the gala dinner, which only leaves the return evening journey where again the driver will probably want to stop at a fast food/motorway place, any suggestion for best options there as I can't take anything to have on that journey?
Hi jodysd6, welcome to the forum,as a coach driver,i find that even if i do have to eat in greasy spoon type places...the odd burger with cheese( minus the bun) doesn't do to much harm,or i ask for an omelette or fish if possible, enjoy yourself as much as possible ,your on the right path ,keep up the good work, clive