Wish me luck

Craigybus

Well after losing my job last year due to depression, I've spent the last 7 months feeling useless, I finally found work in the security industry. After a few weeks of waiting, last week I did my SIA exams to get my license to work in the industry, and today, my employers rang me, informing me of my authority to work. YAY :)

I start on Monday evening, working permanent nights, driving my little white van around, looking mean & menacing :lol: . Just got to get used to monthly pay, and a nicely screwed up body clock

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
All the best!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good luck with the job Craig and hope you stay safe! :)

Craigybus

Ta muchly. I'm glad I no longer am a bus driver, because the job is just getting for want of a better word ****! I'm going to do my driver CPC to keep my bus license though, as it will allow me to drive a friends classic coach.

Scoop4

Good lick but don't know what type of diabetic your are but if you are doing night it's no only going to be your sleep that will be a problem eating at different times may need some planning. Diabetes love being in a pattern and trying to change it can be a *****.

Craigybus

My job means I often have to eat 'on the hop' too, because if an alarm goes off whilst I'm on my break, tough, break over, so I have no choice but to be a naughty boy and eat my sarnies whilst driving. Monday night, I didn't even get a break in 12 hrs, because it was mayhem, still managed to eat my sarnies though.