Wobbly

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
could do with some advice? Had an avacado plus a oatcake for breakfast then rushed round town and forgot to eat at lunchtime . I'm a type 2 with an hba1c of 6 diagnosed 6 month ago , was waiting for ages for a steak to arrive in a Mexican restaurant and suddenly felt weak and slightly panicky , sipped some Coca Cola and had a we bit of the wife's rice to straighten me out and had then steak and salad , still didn't feel right so polished of two small bars of dark chocolate friom Starbucks , I was also a little tired today when I woke up, starting to feel a little better, any tips to prevent the happening again ? I would ad that I have done about forty minutes walking to counteract the chocolate and the Coke and the we bit of the wife's rice.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Rog, the only way you will really know what was going on is by testing your bg, do you have a monitor? You may have been experiencing a hypo or it may have been a false hypo, Coke, rice & 2 bars of chocolate would have sent you rather high so would explain your tiredness (to me anyway)

Reactions: 2 people

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi Rog, the only way you will really know what was going on is by testing your bg, do you have a monitor? You may have been experiencing a hypo or it may have been a false hypo, Coke, rice & 2 bars of chocolate would have sent you rather high so would explain your tiredness (to me anyway)
I had to bring myself back up quickly
I just felt a bit sick after the chocolate etc after s while , the problem more was doing a lot of running about with no lunch , I also had no oatcakes to bible on, it was feeling rubbish before the carbs from not eating , big lesson learnt, don't forget lunch and if on the road have more than almonds .

Reactions: 2 people

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi Rog You need to test your BG. As you felt tired this morning, your BG could have been low overnight. Not surprised that the Coca Cola and 2 small bars of dark chocolate sent your levels higher. Best to keep an eye on any symptoms later this evening.