Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
GraceK said:
Breakfast - tea with cream, black pud, bacon, egg. More tea with cream

Snack - 2 plain digestive bikkies

Lunch - mix of mash potato, carrot and swede

Snack - diet coke

Dinner - Chicken Korma, no rice.

Lazy day today, still in jim jams and no intention of getting out of them. Have done 3 loads of washing and cleaned the kitchen and written the first few chapters of my book. :)

Gracek - Are you doing a book ?
What about ? Food or about your life ?
I would LOVE to read it :p [seriously] x

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Re: What have you eaten today?

anna29 said:
GraceK said:
Breakfast - tea with cream, black pud, bacon, egg. More tea with cream

Snack - 2 plain digestive bikkies

Lunch - mix of mash potato, carrot and swede

Snack - diet coke

Dinner - Chicken Korma, no rice.

Lazy day today, still in jim jams and no intention of getting out of them. Have done 3 loads of washing and cleaned the kitchen and written the first few chapters of my book. :)

Gracek - Are you doing a book ?

What about ? Food or about your life ?
I would LOVE to read it :p [seriously] x

Yes Anna, I am. I actually wrote it years ago as 'therapy' when I was having a major breakdown. It just sort of exploded out of me and I even had a publisher who was interested in 'obscure writers'. But the time wasn't right for me to publish and being very impulsive at the time, I burned it because I thought no-one would be interested in the ramblings of a so called 'madwoman'! Since then, I've realised there really is a very fine line between genius and madness and that I have something to contribute to the mental health arena.

No-one can understand what another person is going through mentally or emotionally nor can they see what insights they're gaining on their journey, not even the most empathic psychiatrist or therapist, although of course, they do try and they're some of the kindest and most compassionate people I've met. But their role is limited to ensuring you're not in a position to harm yourself or someone else and to medicate. They can't unravel the mysteries of your life or your mind, or the wonderful workings of the cosmos for you, nor can they put it all back together for you - the breakdown belongs to the person it's happening to - and it's a blessing not a curse, although it certainly doesn't feel like it at the time! It was the most painful experience of my life, but it brought so much clarity with it, that I think now, I could begin to put into words. And the reason I believe I've never felt the time was right to publish before, was because I was waiting for the return of a couple of things I'd lost - my sanity and my sense of humour. Now that they're both back, I feel happy about writing it because I know I can put all of me into it. :D

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Grace I have moved this into here .
Hope you dont mind its more suited given the contents of our chat .

So we and any other members can chat about writing a book . :)

Blimey gracek I admire you for this :thumbup:
Have you thought of a title for your book ?

Seriously I would 'Love' to read it ...
I like reading your thoughts in your posts and your comical sense of humour .
Its refreshing , so matter of fact , straight to the point .
Never fails to make me smile :D

The things you describe and do sometimes are well funny.
Often cracking me up with lots of giggles and happy laughter . :lol:

You have even managed to get a classic car named after you here !!!
Happy in your own skin and image with a strong positive sense of direction and you are full of zesty spirit and strength .

So yep if you got a book done - I would DEFINETELY buy it :)
As you say writing a book would be so healing and carthartic and enriching for you .
Like closing the door on your past and opening a new door for your future.

Anna.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck with it GraceK, look forward to seeing it published :clap:

Angie

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got to be fair, I have some difficulty reading and tend to fly through what I See.

However when I read what Grace writes I do take my time as there is so much truth in the context.

I do not know what is the best compliment to give Grace.

Probably would be "Grace being Grace"

Gracek,best of writing and just being happy doing it.

Roy. :)