XPERT

Terri333

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am going on an xpert course for diabetes management just wondering if any of you had done this and would you recommend it thanks in advance Terri

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When I went on the xpert course we were only aloud to be taught from the old book which follows nhs guidelines the author has now changed the course in favour of LCHF. The nhs run course still tells you to eat carbs which is the very thing your body is intolerant too.

Reactions: dbr10 and Terri333

Terri333

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wasn't sure what it was I am in Ireland and I have already done the Desmond course which I found useless as they were trying to fill me with more food than I already ate so I kind of went home and done my own thing. I thought this might be different as it is run by a dietitian. Having said this I have lost 14kgs since diagnosis last October this was achieved with th lchf method

Reactions: Ian_Laye

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is no harm in going. The XPert course founder is Dr. Trudi Deakin who has posted on this forum in the past. She is a low carb/high fat fan, but because she runs the courses for the NHS she has to include other types of diet.

Reactions: Terri333 and dbr10