yippee

12345vonnie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
good morning everyone I hope your all well ...I checked my blood sugars and they have gone down yet again to 6.7 from 18 in January.. its just getting better and ive also lost 3/4lb this week go me ..its been hard work along the way and im craving easter eggs not good haha

Reactions: 2 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning!

Fab news. Well done you!

I wonder if there is something in the air? My sugars have gone down to 8.0 this morning, (usually around 10 after fasting) and I've lost 2lb since starting low carbing 12 days ago.

We could be on a roll!

Have a lovely day

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Well done. Make some ganache, its just cream and dark chocolate, if you are low carbing you wont miss the sweetness. Don't know the quantities, Google it, make them and then you can cover them in more dark chocolate. DON'T eat them all at once. Besides one or two is enough to satisfy.

12345vonnie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
Well done. Make some ganache, its just cream and dark chocolate, if you are low carbing you wont miss the sweetness. Don't know the quantities, Google it, make them and then you can cover them in more dark chocolate. DON'T eat them all at once. Besides one or two is enough to satisfy.
thank you dawnmc I don't know what it is you meaning but ill look it up thank you

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Well done!! There's nothing like success to spur you on - you will be reaping the benefits of your hard work in no time.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Ganache is what Chocolatiers make, its about half double cream and half dark chocolate 70% to 80%. Warm the cream till it simmers, then pour into a bowl where you have already chopped up your chocolate. Mix it, leave it in the fridge to set, then make little balls using a teaspoon. You can roll it in chopped almonds or Green and Blacks cocoa powder, pop them in the fridge. Its a bit messy to roll but hey you get to lick your fingers.
I've made this with un sweetened desiccated coconut, they are a bit like bounty bars. I've also made them with a bit of sweetener in, but didn't like the results. 1) they were too sweet and 2) the sweetener can give you the runs.

Reactions: 3 people