Yo Yo BG

Jenfy

Up and down it's been for the last few days! Eating some things one day and getting good results like yesterday when it went down to the lowest I've had since diagnosis, 8.5, then today when I ate much the same foods and got more exercise and tonight it's 13.1! I'm still very new to all this but am dilligent, so what's going wrong??? Any ideas?

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I had a very similar problem about two or three weeks after I started testing when I was getting blase about it. One forum member reminded me to be very diligent in washing my hands before each test and to take a new lancet once in a while. I realised I'd become a bit lax, went back to being careful, and the inconsistent results stopped. Yours may be something else but just in case.....

Jenfy

Dougie22 said:
I had a very similar problem about two or three weeks after I started testing when I was getting blase about it. One forum member reminded me to be very diligent in washing my hands before each test and to take a new lancet once in a while. I realised I'd become a bit lax, went back to being careful, and the inconsistent results stopped. Yours may be something else but just in case.....
Thank, I will remember this, just in case x

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Mine does move around a bit from day to day without really obvious cause. Once every few weeks I keep a really, really detailed food diary (it takes too much effort to do all the time, for me anyway). Every single thing that goes in my mouth is written down. This shows me that there is more variation between days than I thought, a gingernut here, a few almonds there, a different brand or type of yoghurt, etc.

Might be worth trying if you're not doing it already.