1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Yucky side effects

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by TheLovelyTarotLady, Apr 9, 2013.

1. TheLovelyTarotLady

TheLovelyTarotLady · Member

Hi everybody: I write in the aftermath of the worst vomiting & tummy explosions that I've ever had :(

Is this normal?

I've been taking Metformin for nearly a fortnight now... and can only say it makes me feel like pants. Floaty, tired, gassy, grumpy ... aggressive even. Tearful too. Not to mention itchy *scritch, scratch*.

BIG apologies for having to share so much that is so very yucky btw... but I am getting worried :?

2. eveshamgal

eveshamgal · Well-Known Member

Speak to your doctor. Upset stomachs are a side effect of metformin but there is a different type, slow release ones you can take that can reduce these side effects.

Also changing your diet can help. It might be psychological for me but since changing to a low carb diet I have found the side effects much less.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

3. Richard871

Richard871 Type 2 · Member

Having been on Metformin for a fortnight and constantly being followed round by ducks I've had a few close calls. Totally out of the blue just the sudden need to go get out the way I need the loo. Not had any mood swings but I did find I was snapping at my partner which wasn't fair or nice and definitely not me. I'm asking for the slow release type today when I see the DN and a test meter with prescription. If denied one of us is coming out on a stretcher lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

4. TheLovelyTarotLady

TheLovelyTarotLady · Member

Thank you both. Appreciate your wisdom... & your humour. Ducks following you? I SO know what you mean. Lololol :lol:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook