ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Vicky, you do make me smile... "Let us know what date has been booked" = "No ifs and buts, get off your **** and do it!"
Seriously, though, my thanks to you and @Sable_Jan for your concern and good advice. In fact, I phoned my GP at 9.30 this morning and he confirmed that it was pretty classic symptoms for cellulitis, as I suspected, and has sent a prescription for antibiotics to my local pharmacist which my husband's picking up this afternoon.
He also told me that, what I thought was a separate virus on Sunday and Monday due to the pains and high temperature, was in fact almost certainly the start of the cellulitis. Although I've had cellulitis before, following surgery, I've never had it like that, so that's a new one on me and one I'll be aware of in the future.
You're right, though, it can get serious pretty quickly, which is why I had a change of heart and called the surgery earlier. It's silly to take chances...
Phew! I nearly had a panic in my hands.
It just goes to show a temperature is a good sign of something wrong.
Hubby will be relieved you are getting mended quickly. Me too. ♡♥♡

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Vicky, you do make me smile... "Let us know what date has been booked" = "No ifs and buts, get off your **** and do it!"
Seriously, though, my thanks to you and @Sable_Jan for your concern and good advice. In fact, I phoned my GP at 9.30 this morning and he confirmed that it was pretty classic symptoms for cellulitis, as I suspected, and has sent a prescription for antibiotics to my local pharmacist which my husband's picking up this afternoon.
He also told me that, what I thought was a separate virus on Sunday and Monday due to the pains and high temperature, was in fact almost certainly the start of the cellulitis. Although I've had cellulitis before, following surgery, I've never had it like that, so that's a new one on me and one I'll be aware of in the future.
You're right, though, it can get serious pretty quickly, which is why I had a change of heart and called the surgery earlier. It's silly to take chances...
Glad you did

Reactions: 2 people
D

debrasue

Phew! I nearly had a panic in my hands.
It just goes to show a temperature is a good sign of something wrong.
Hubby will be relieved you are getting mended quickly. Me too. ♡♥♡
I thought you meant YOUR hubby for a minute!!! I was getting serious delusions of grandeur and thought the entire country might be demanding a public holiday because I had phoned my GP! ("Wow - maybe the books are selling better than I thought...") LOL
:joyful::joyful::joyful:

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I thought you meant YOUR hubby for a minute!!! I was getting serious delusions of grandeur and thought the entire country might be demanding a public holiday because I had phoned my GP! ("Wow - maybe the books are selling better than I thought...") LOL
:joyful::joyful::joyful:
Hang on. Did your gp mention delirious symptoms? lol only teasing!
You sound more your jovial self already. X

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well the last 2 weeks haven't been so good. Abcess two weeks ago, loads of anti-biotics (14 days worth) Co-Codamol to ease the pain, then to cap it all I left my metformin behind when I went on holiday to France. No holding back in France, Cream Brulee, Moussee au Chocolate, at least a bottle of wine a day :nailbiting: 2 bottles of a beer which was much higher in carbs than myfittnesspal led me to believe. Delayed journey back on Saturday, and a carb central handout of food. Box was the best bit;)
Then on Monday morning my HbA1c bloods. I am hesitant to restart the metformin on a 1g dose, so called the surgery to see if I could be prescribed 500mg instead. NP called me back, said she had my results already, and on the back of that a reduced dose was no problem. Thanks I said, and care to share the HbA1c with me? It's very good she replied. And??????

44:cool:
Yay! Dad dancing here

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well the last 2 weeks haven't been so good. Abcess two weeks ago, loads of anti-biotics (14 days worth) Co-Codamol to ease the pain, then to cap it all I left my metformin behind when I went on holiday to France. No holding back in France, Cream Brulee, Moussee au Chocolate, at least a bottle of wine a day :nailbiting: 2 bottles of a beer which was much higher in carbs than myfittnesspal led me to believe. Delayed journey back on Saturday, and a carb central handout of food. Box was the best bit;)
Then on Monday morning my HbA1c bloods. I am hesitant to restart the metformin on a 1g dose, so called the surgery to see if I could be prescribed 500mg instead. NP called me back, said she had my results already, and on the back of that a reduced dose was no problem. Thanks I said, and care to share the HbA1c with me? It's very good she replied. And??????

Yay! Dad dancing here

Well done @walnut_face
That's a great reduction.
Sorry to hear your other problems and hope you are back to normal soon.

Reactions: 6 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Yay! Dad dancing here
Well done @walnut_face . 44 is excellent. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@walnut_face - Well Done on your HBA1C of 44. That puts you in the Prediabetic category of: 42 to 47. :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Wish Friday would hurry up and come . Ron needs some T.L.C. He came home tonight absolutely cream crackered. B.Gs are all over the place.x

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
That's a very alluring new avatar, Tina! :D
Before I gave up work to look after Ron. My works use to have cake sales in our canteen to raise money for charity and that's one of the batches I made.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning. Sunny spells here, was blue skies at 5.30am. FBG 6.7 mmol/l and hungry, doing insulin and breakfast is on, grill up and potato scones fried in butter...mm. Have a nice day. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
@tina_marie you are going to be nicknamed "cupcakes" if you keep it up lol. :D

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@tina_marie you are going to be nicknamed "cupcakes" if you keep it up lol. :D
Haven't made any since Ron was diagnosed but my sister in law did drop a big hint last week. So when I do get round to making more I will post on here .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Haven't made any since Ron was diagnosed but my sister in law did drop a big hint last week. So when I do get round to making more I will post on here .
Morrisons doing their own version of stevia. Would you consider using it instead of sugar? Its as sweet as sugar.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good morning, my lovely friends on www.diabetes.co.uk type 2 life forum,

I'm so sorry that I didn't come online yesterday. The library was closed and I still have no wifi in my flat but my care coordinator and financial guardian are working very hard to get it paid.

I am very happy and proud to impart that my best friend Lee Collingwood did as you all said he would and he's still buying me fried breakfasts in the cafeteria near to my home but instead of having the one with devil carbs, as I so funnily called it, he got me something called an Olympic breakfast which is 3 sausages, 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of fried tomato and baked beans, no toast, no hash brown, no chips. So it means doubling the fat and omitting the carbs which is working out great. My blood sugar after eating that Olympic breakfast this morning after several glasses of tap water was only 5.9.!! I have been trying really hard to stick to the sweeteners in my cups of tea as well.

My bowels/bladder have slowed up again but I'm going to discuss it with the nurse at the bowel and bladder clinic when I next see her.

Take care and God bless you all, my dear friends. It's very overcast in south London this morning but it is quite mild and a lovely June day.

Yours faithfully,

Johnny Baker
Sufferer of Asperger syndrome, ADHD, idiopathic megarectum, type 2 diabetes mellitus, psychotic depression, essential hypertension and hypercholesterolaemia and prostate gland abnormalities.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Morrisons doing their own version of stevia. Would you consider using it instead of sugar? Its as sweet as sugar.
I know they do , that's who I use to work for .lol

Reactions: 3 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I'm sure that many of us remember our friend @KimG who posted regularly until recently? Kim was last on the forum to tell us that her mum was in hospice accommodation. Sadly Kim's mum died in late May and, naturally Kim has had a very difficult time. Kim wants to thank us all for good wishes and will be back on the forum this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator: