Type 2 Life

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
So far today I have had Greek Yoghurt for Breakfast and again for Lunch. Took 44 units of Humulin i Insulin at Breakfast (No 1000mg of Metformin taken) and just checked blood sugar before I eat my Evening Meal and it is 9.3! (No 1000mg to be taken at 6pm today). The Insulin I take every morning is suppose to last up to 18 hours, will be interesting to see what my blood sugar is tomorrow morning - bet it is not low?

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Going to be interesting to see what effect on blood sugars by not taking any Metformin for today and tomorrow (48 hours) - due to have a MRI Scan with Contrast dye on Wednesday morning. This morning's fasting was 5.6 - never expected that as they have mostly been in the 6's since taking Steriod Tablets.
I've had several CT scans done with contrast dye (blue aniseed tasting liquid) on my abdomen and when they injected it I felt all warm down under and thought I'd peed myself (which I had not) ! The CT scanner staff said this is very common phenomenon lmao. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
That was funny @eddie1968 - better make sure I have a wee before. How are you doing? Feeling any better today? :)

Reactions: 8 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Got my neurology Friday hoping to finally get some answers hope all went well with yours
Hi Ron wish you well with your appointment and hope you get the answers you need.

Well for me it was Neurologist Dr Zarbo who had left Kingsmill but has now come back thank goodness as in my opinion he is one of the best..

But the answer I got was the same as last time now is not the time to alter my meds. :(

He is also concerned about my weight loss as he reckons loosing any more will lower my energy levels too far., then sent me down for blood tests as it has been two years since starting Azathioprine and most patients have monthly or three monthly blood tests when on it in my case that seems to have been overlooked.

As I said best of luck for Friday

Regards John.

Reactions: 4 people

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Hi Ron wish you well with your appointment and hope you get the answers you need.

Well for me it was Neurologist Dr Zarbo who had left Kingsmill but has now come back thank goodness as in my opinion he is one of the best..

But the answer I got was the same as last time now is not the time to alter my meds. :(

He is also concerned about my weight loss as he reckons loosing any more will lower my energy levels too far., then sent me down for blood tests as it has been two years since starting Azathioprine and most patients have monthly or three monthly blood tests when on it in my case that seems to have been overlooked.

As I said best of luck for Friday

Regards John.
Thanks John I'm seeing the same doc on Friday

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thanks John I'm seeing the same doc on Friday
Well you should get some answers then as he is pretty good at what he does and very friendly Well I have always found so and I have been seeing him well over two years now. no more like four years hard to keep track. :).

D

debrasue

I am unsure why may be because I am proud of him I thought I would share this link to my son writing about his calling to a vocation from his perspective I do hope you all don't mind too much.

http://www.capgb.org/news-and-events/breaking-news/my-story-

Regards and good morning all.

John
Wow - that's a very powerful piece of writing. And his strength, commitment and joy in his vocation shines from it like a beacon. You have every right to be proud of him, John.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello. FBG 7.5 mmol/l and feeling less chesty. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Before Evening Meal at 5.30pm my blood sugar was = 15.6 !!!! (Day 2 without any Metformin) But, had 44 units of Insulin this morning.
Leaving home at 8am in the morning to get to the Hospital for a 9am appointment.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
All the best for tomorrow William, remember the hot flush at the end of the test :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Saw your post @JohnEGreen

You have a good son there

Our son is working in China at the moment coming home in September

They grow up so fast and fear nothing

I wouldn't do what he's doing

Hope everyone is well or if not soon on the mend

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Before Evening Meal at 5.30pm my blood sugar was = 15.6 !!!! (Day 2 without any Metformin) But, had 44 units of Insulin this morning.
Leaving home at 8am in the morning to get to the Hospital for a 9am appointment.
OMG, that's high @liam1955. What insulin are you on ? :)

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Good luck with this

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@eddie1968 - Humulin Isophane - which is a long acting Insulin, but only lasts between 14 to 18 hours. Ate exactly the same as yesterday: Greek Yoghurt for Breakfast and the same for Lunch. Also taking 15mg Prednisolone daily only began this 2 weeks ago and was on 20mg a day. This Saturday it reduces by another 5mg to take 10 mg for 7 days. Will be back to taking my daily dose of 2000mg Metformin on Thursday.
Thank You Anna - @13lizanne :)

Reactions: 8 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@eddie1968 - Humulin Isophane - which is a long acting Insulin, but only lasts between 14 to 18 hours. Ate exactly the same as yesterday: Greek Yoghurt for Breakfast and the same for Lunch. Also taking 15mg Prednisolone daily only began this 2 weeks ago and was on 20mg a day. This Saturday it reduces by another 5mg to take 10 mg for 7 days. Will be back to taking my daily dose of 2000mg Metformin on Thursday.
Thank You Anna - @13lizanne :)
I'm on Humulin M3, it's 30% soluble fast acting insulin and 70% Isophane long lasting insulin. I take 144 units a day and the biggie of 84 IU in the morning which I usually do in 34 then 50 units injections...ouch ! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: