Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

K

Kat100

Hi @Kat100 I tried the Alpro vanilla flavoured ice cream at the weekend. Best ice cream ever!! Not bad for carbs either :D

Today
Brunch: toasted Lidl roll and peanut butter, golden turmeric milk
Dinner: haricot beans in herby tomato sauce, Sainsbury's m/f balls, dairy-free cheese sauce (There were complaints about how stinky it was. How rude!)
Hi @Avocado Sevenfold yes that ice cream is the best ever lol ..
I have just finished the coconut .. I will try the vanilla next .. it's yum time .. ;)
Then there is the hazelnut and chocolate lol ....

My meals today , have been the same as yesterday :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: avocado melt
L: grazing on homemade seitan-bacon all afternoon - for quality control purposes :angelic:
D: couple of falafels with veg and lentil stew thing

Got some chocolate for Bake Off soon

Reactions: mo53
A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Ledzeptt Saw on another thread that you are not feeling great. Hope you feel better soon and are still managing your tasty meals :)

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Avocado Sevenfold yes that ice cream is the best ever lol ..
I have just finished the coconut .. I will try the vanilla next .. it's yum time .. ;)
Then there is the hazelnut and chocolate lol ....

My meals today , have been the same as yesterday :)
The wife had the Alpro coconut yogurt .. she only took half a spoonful and bang .. she was in full migraine mode . wrote to the company and they arranged for the tub to be collected .. said their was nothing wrong with it and she must be allergic to soya .. her face was still really swollen a week later despite taking tons of antihistamines .. like any foods be careful :)

K

Kat100

The wife had the Alpro coconut yogurt .. she only took half a spoonful and bang .. she was in full migraine mode . wrote to the company and they arranged for the tub to be collected .. said their was nothing wrong with it and she must be allergic to soya .. her face was still really swollen a week later despite taking tons of antihistamines .. like any foods be careful :)
Gosh sorry to hear this @Enclave , I hope your wife is better ..
The swallow face reaction I have had before , cause unknown for me .. but it wasn't soya ..
I don't have the soya yougurt though .. I am not a yougurt person ..

So far all okay with the ice cream .....it's a yum from me , I now have all three flavours in my freezer ;)
It's a good thing to keep antihistamine meds , just incase .. good tip that ..

There was a good Sarah Jarvis discussion about , swallon faces , and not all being food related .. !!!!!
good luck with keeping well .. and happy eating :) x

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
@Avocado Sevenfold

Thanks for asking - don't want to stray off topic, but am ok'ish. I went to hospital for a check up and told not to worry: I need to wait a few weeks for a CT scan to be certain.

Not eating much at the moment, so no point in updating this thread :-(

K

Kat100

Usual breakfast .. the oats and almond milk

Lunch cheese sconce and a banana and a lovely coffee with cinnamon sprinkled on top ..

Super .. cottage pie .. homemade with veg , lentils and beans ...

Snack .. chocolate fridge cake :)

Managed to cook a chilli for tomorrow .. and some for the freezer ..
Also used up cauliflower and Stilton , nice soup .. some in the fridge , rest in the freezer ...

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Avocado Sevenfold

Thanks for asking - don't want to stray off topic, but am ok'ish. I went to hospital for a check up and told not to worry: I need to wait a few weeks for a CT scan to be certain.

Not eating much at the moment, so no point in updating this thread :-(
I am not sure you can go off topic as nobody knows we are here :bag: Take care and don't be a stranger x

Reactions: Ledzeptt
A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: golden milk
L: spinach, cucumber, tomato, a falafel, seitan-bacon, splash of Nando's sauce
D: veg and lentil stew thing
Snacks: peanuts and a pint of NAS blackcurrant juice with a star anise in it (pretend pernod)

Reactions: mo53

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Kat100 hi hope you don't mind my butting in on your conversation but you mention chocolate fridge cake, could I ask you for the recipe & how do you make it pls. I'm a diabetic 2. Thank you

K

Kat100

K

Kat100

. @ kat100. Hi thanks very much I will try the cake this weekend. Kind of you have a good day x
Yoir wélcome @maureen5752 I made another one .. I like mine without the nuts in better ..
I prefer lots of coconut in mine and a few finely chopped dates :)

Apple and blackberry compot .. (stewed fruit) lol
Is another great favourite of mine with cinnamon and sweetener to taste ..
Blob of ice cream on top .. I serve in a tea cup ..
But i make a huge pot .. some in the fridge some in the freezer .....

Happy eating and nice to chat with you x
Must add I like Lindt chocolate best , in this dish I use 85% or 90% but you don't know this with the other ingredients... :)

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yoir wélcome @maureen5752 I made another one .. I like mine without the nuts in better ..
I prefer lots of coconut in mine and a few finely chopped dates :)

Apple and blackberry compot .. (stewed fruit) lol
Is another great favourite of mine with cinnamon and sweetener to taste ..
Blob of ice cream on top .. I serve in a tea cup ..
But i make a huge pot .. some in the fridge some in the freezer .....

Happy eating and nice to chat with you x
Must add I like Lindt chocolate best , in this dish I use 85% or 90% but you don't know this with the other ingredients... :)
Hi thanks very much sounds great, I'd love recipe, I always thought cake, compote ect was of limits for diabetics. Saw Lindt chocolate today but just looked away!!! I do occasionaly eat a little of 85% chocolate from aldi it tastes quite nice, do you make your own ice cream? Have good evening & thanks again

K

Kat100

Hi thanks very much sounds great, I'd love recipe, I always thought cake, compote ect was of limits for diabetics. Saw Lindt chocolate today but just looked away!!! I do occasionaly eat a little of 85% chocolate from aldi it tastes quite nice, do you make your own ice cream? Have good evening & thanks again
Adapting to suit individal diets .. is my view ..
Lots each chocolate ..
Follow different eating habits
Even have treats ..
Chovolate is in :)
No I buy the vegan ice cream .. ( but others mske their ice cream )
Won't tag here because it's the veggie thread .. but try @Brunneria @satindoll