Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
8.3 this morning. doesnt seem to matter what I eat, always high and I have been asleep. No idea what I do wrong, low carbs, low blood pressure, I don't do supper.
Hi I haven't been doing this long myself but high readings in the morning seem to be through your liver dumping glucose they call it on this site the dawn phenomenon,ask the question on this and you will get lots of answers,this is a fantastic site for diabetes so much help on lots of problems and good advice on regulating your blood glucose levels.Welcome to the diabetes.co.uk site Granny_grump sometimes just K.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Not always Granny_grump. High morning readings can be caused through liver dumps but for it to be that you need to experience lows during the night.
Must be wonderful to be so knowledgable I have a way to go to catch up with you.K

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Not always Granny_grump. High morning readings can be caused through liver dumps but for it to be that you need to experience lows during the night.
Not always the case. The morning rise is very common, even type zero get these, they just have the correct insulin response to deal with the rise. It occurs naturally to give the energy required to rise from our slumber and start the day, but without the correct insulin response it cause a rise in blood sugars for diabetics. The rise you are referring to is known as the symorgy effect