Takeaway

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, last night after 3 months of strict LCHF, I decided to experiment by having fish shop cod, chips, curry sauce and a slice of wholemeal bread.

I learned that whilst it didn't take my post prandial above 7.8, I really did not enjoy it, it completely messed up my nice calm stomach and I spent the morning on the crapper, with a higher fasting level than I'd like and raised levels all day.

To think that a few months ago this was one of my go to meals that I really enjoyed.

Not worth the payback, I won't be experimenting again!

Pork, cauli, broccoli and Lidl roll tonight, I can't wait.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Same sort of thing happened to me. One day I went to the Chinese chippy for some items that I used to think of as a treat. I haven't bothered going back again because it was flavourless rubbish. I had no idea my taste buds had altered so much.

Reactions: AM1874 and Jamesuk9

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Nice pub meal at the weekend with the family, battered fish, chips, mushy peas, a very nice apple and blackcurrant crumble with custard, a pint of beer, no issues I'm pleased to say, and definitely better than staying in and cooking on your own.

Each to your own I guess.

Reactions: Debzz_ and Jamesuk9

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Now I eat broccoli, cabbage, and sprouts, after about 40 years of hating them.
Things change.
I hated veg with a passion, I forced myself, then realised that done the right way and covered in butter they are first choice every meal.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Also very surprising how taste buds change in the absence of sugar, when suddenly kale and celery tastes sweet.

Reactions: lillipilli15

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I hated veg with a passion, I forced myself, then realised that done the right way and covered in butter they are first choice every meal.

A block of butter lasts me about 12 months.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
So why mention it?

Why not.
It doesn't need slapping all over the veg.
Many of us on this site don't eat butter at every meal.
We're not all high fat, we're not all saturated fat when we do eat fat.
Some of eat fish and chips and enjoy them.
I don't need butter on them either, and the chip butty doesn't need butter either.
So it lasts quite a long time for me.
I guess if you get offended by those of us that don't eat butter, use your ignore?
It'll cut down on the posts you don't want to see.