Faster Insulin Aspart: Finally in the wild and in my hands!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I think we all react differently :) I can get away with a 10 minute bolus any time except breakfast. if I ate it first thing, I'd probably get worse results.

I am sensitive to insulin though. I use porcine usually and save the Humalog for something like a Krispy Kreme or similar, or when I need to get my BS down fast eg for a correction.
Very sensitive I'd say! I don't think I've ever been able to take insulin 10 mins before eating and not see a significant rise with "normal" carbs!

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
This is brilliant! It's like watching a live science programme on TV, and I'm talking moon landings here, not a new widget.

For your next update, go on, crank the tension up a bit by posting a photoshop job of a Krispy Kreme exploding out of your stomach like John Hurt in Alien, and then cut to a close shot of the Novo advice leaflet listing known but rare side effects...

Am going to watch this post with interest. Still can't believe I went to so many checkups without any NHS staff even mentioning Libre to me. I doubt any will mention Fiasp to me any time soon. I take my hat off to people like you who draw this sort of stuff to the D community's attention.

Can't wait till you get your mitts on some HDV!

Reactions: genix

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use porcine usually and save the Humalog for something like a Krispy Kreme or similar, or when I need to get my BS down fast eg for a correction.

Was this back in the days of MDI?

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Being a West Country boy myself... It has to be a classic pasty? :hungry:

Woah, sorry, @Jaylee , we're talking about different things here! I like a good ol Cornish pasty every now and then, especially the fact it's got a handle on top you can hold it with (a design classic!) but the test Tim's doing is high sugar stuff, so let me present the gregg's yum yum:

Yum-Yums.jpg

Yep, that creamy glaze larded on it is enough hypo treatment for an entire country. I wouldn't eat one even if I wasn't T1!

Pasty: simple and wonderful. Yum Yum: inventor should go to jail.

Anyway, Friday night, so am off to experiment with some other liquid based carbs...

Reactions: Jaylee

Winterwatch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have had a quick Google for this and the best estimates I've seen as to availability are first half of 2017.

Do we anything more than this at this stage?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woah, sorry, @Jaylee , we're talking about different things here!

To be nothing but fair to you. We are!! :cool:
We all have different tastes.. (& metabolism.) Just exploring concept of my idea of a "mystical smart insulin".

Experimenting with a cake..? (I'm not into cake.) Fair play. I'd be toying "big time" with what personally gives me the issues... ;)

If some day a T1 can bolus for "a little of what they fancy" successfully without the "Mystic Meg"? All the better... :D

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
So,for someone like me who actually has to inject 30 mins AFTER food this would kick in probably just right for the late rises I get.... if I inject with or before food I can go hypo for a good hour before food digests..
or for my 4.30am 1st pre waking jab I could possibly extend my sleeping til 5.30(?) if its that quick??

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm going to give it a week or so, but initial use seems promising. Managed to push myself low earlier thanks to overbolusing and hypo symptoms are slightly different but arrived at same level. All interesting fun!

Reactions: Type1Bri and Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going to give it a week or so, but initial use seems promising. Managed to push myself low earlier thanks to overbolusing and hypo symptoms are slightly different but arrived at same level. All interesting fun!

Lol, if you don't mind me saying? It's "early days"... Deffo.give longer!
You sir. Are a pioneer...!! :cool:

Though.. Begs the question. "Hypo symptoms". In what way different??

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
A bit more fuzzy headedness and a bit less physical shakiness in terms of hypo. May just be psychosomatic as new insulin though...

Reactions: Jaylee

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I meant for the purposes of general prescription. I assume that there is something holding it up if you had to carry out shenanigans to get a hold of it.

Just the usual process of getting it on to the formulary. I've learned a lot about how the NHS/NICE process works and there's a lot of paperwork required. Hence takes time.

Reactions: Type1Bri

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A bit more fuzzy headedness and a bit less physical shakiness in terms of hypo. May just be psychosomatic as new insulin though...

Thanks!
Description sounds like more of a basal (Lantus.) driven hypo to me..? As opposed to a bolus on board insulin induced mind racers...
From my own personal experience of course!
Though, to be fair. I haven't had any crazy sweaty "zombie" (as in replacing "human flesh" for fast carbs.) episodes since I came off the animal stuff & went MDI in my late teens...

I'm looking forward to more info on Fiasp. Certainly enjoying your "tests in the field!" :cool:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thanks!
Description sounds like more of a basal (Lantus.) driven hypo to me..? As opposed to a bolus on board insulin induced mind racers...
From my own personal experience of course!
Though, to be fair. I haven't had any crazy sweaty "zombie" (as in replacing "human flesh" for fast carbs.) episodes since I came off the animal stuff & went MDI in my late teens...

I'm looking forward to more info on Fiasp. Certainly enjoying your "tests in the field!" :cool:

I'm pumping so any hypo is driven by the fast acting. Glucose profile at the time showed it was clearly "bolus" driven.....

Reactions: Type1Bri

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: genix