Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
wow must say wish I could meet you halfway :);):wacky:
Never stopped yesterday and no eating after 6pm just liver block before bed. In 3s with walk to local shop or hospital appointment. 4s sedate. 5s or more if eaten carb for main meal.
So no carb breakfast and no carb main meal. Still no metformin and reduced insulin.
I'm convinced adrenalin has been my antagonist.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Never stopped yesterday and no eating after 6pm just liver block before bed. In 3s with walk to local shop or hospital appointment. 4s sedate. 5s or more if eaten carb for main meal.
So no carb breakfast and no carb main meal. Still no metformin and reduced insulin.
I'm convinced adrenalin has been my antagonist.

it is a very fine job... but how to lower adrenaline ? think I have that problem too...

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, Mine yesterday just after taking Metaformin was 8.2

Today after metaformin @ 2 hours its 7.4

Should I be taking my bloods first thing before drugs or after drugs? Any ideas folks why this consistently high?

just right after you get out of bed ... try to eat less than 80 grams of carbs a day and for most that would get their fasting blood glucose down in a week

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Should I be taking my bloods first thing before drugs or after drugs? Any ideas folks why this consistently high?
First think in the morning, blood sugars are high because of the Dawn Phenomenon (also called Liver Dump). Hormones cause the liver to release glucose into the blood early morning. Sugar levels usually drop afterwards, so if you wait a couple of hours before eating you should see a drop.

Metformin takes a few days to take effect. If may only drop your blood sugar by about 1-2. A much more effective way of reducing your blood sugar is by going on a Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) diet. That means cutting out bread, breakfast cereals, potatoes, rice, pasta and stop drinking fruit juice. See https://www.dietdoctor.com/ for examples of what you can eat.

Last edited:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.

@sheepie123 - Hi. You really ought to test your Blood Sugars first thing on a morning as soon as you get out of bed and before anything (food, tablets) and always remember to wash your hands before testing :).

D

debrasue

First think in the morning, blood sugars are high because of the Dawn Phenomenon (also called Liver Dump). Hormones cause the liver to release glucose into the blood early morning. Sugar levels usually drop afterwards, so if you wait a couple of hours before eating you should see a drop.

Metformin takes a few days to take effect. If may only drop your blood sugar by about 1-2. A much more effective way of reducing your blood sugar is by going on a Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) diet. That means cutting out bread, breakfast cereals, potatoes, rice, pasta and stop drinking fruit juice. See https://www.dietdoctor.com/ for examples of what you can eat.
Actually, not everyone experiences DP (I very rarely do), although on the other hand many non-diabetics experience it too.
But the usual rule for taking an FBG reading, as I understand it, is that it should be done first thing in the morning, whenever you wake, after washing your hands but before doing anything else. :)

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
6.6 this morning. Oops! A full Indian takeaway, a late night and red wine were all involved. Maybe I need to have a little less next time?

Maxwell

What did you have for your Indian takeaway? Any naan bread or basmati rice? That could be the culprit.

Reactions: AM1874