What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
6.9 this morning and went down to 6.3 after porridge and a pear. I don't take any medication and am a bit confused

Liver dump often ensures that the waking level is not the lowest of the day. You don't say how long after eating, the level came down to 6.3...which is good as either porridge or pears would certainly spike my blood sugar. The blood sugar can dip before it shoots up again...and the reading needs to be at least 2 hours after eating to see how your level is once it has dipped, spiked and come down again. I'd be very happy with 6.3 two hours after that kind of breakfast.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thank you dear I am really sweatty today... I do take cody-magnyls they work the best for me, think they are forbidden in most other countries... but today I have at least I have done something washed clothes in washing cellar been shopping and changed bed linnen... but feel tired... hope anyways to go to fitness tomorrow... should have been there today but had to cancel...

Hope you are feeling better soon, @Freema. Being ill is no fun.

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke up at 4,4 had half a plum went for a 6km walk and returned to 5,1. Happy with these scores

fb0f628c687dfdeb6ab5b9b0c5e6a2ff.jpg

Figs - forbidden fruit these days
Hello
6.8 at 7.15 am
20170917_153630.jpg

For @pavlosn

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello :) (18/9/17) at 7.15am
6.8 which seems to be the norm at mo
tomorrow I can take an extra 80mg of Gliclazide at dinner :happy:
hope that will help bring FBG down a notch or 2!
I hope I've managed to upload a photo! Sorry if you get a crick in the neck.... my photos look ok on my phone, but are sideways on the forum!! :banghead::)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you are feeling better soon, @Freema. Being ill is no fun.

thanks dear . yes feel a bit better but stay home tomorrow too.. good to be home now... feeling pity for all those in the caribean islands who have lost their homes and now again faces the horror of a hurricane just one week after the other ...
thanks to you all also you Granny_grump_

D

Diabeticliberty

Hula, hula hula koʻu'ōmaʻomaʻo'ōmaʻomaʻo maikaʻi loa me nā pale mīmū a me nā dudes mālie. This morning I have reached an artistic block regarding silly ways to state my blood sugar levels. Not that my inane ramblings are in any way artistic. Anyways on with it, my waking blood sugars were a plain, dull rather uninteresting 3.0mmols. My little dog is sitting behind my front door waiting for her morning stroll and then it's off to the labour camp for me. Enjoy yourselves one and all of you :)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5be418dc3f05cfb4718aee1e9d97cd18.jpg

A fresh day dawns.

My morning level of 5,8 remained unaffected by my 6km walk.

And just to prove that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder and that there is no accounting for what will attract my camera's interest...

70bedff2c117775cc26dcdaf8d729f1e.jpg